• The sixth-seeded Rams will play No. 11 seed Michigan within the 2022 NCAA Males’s Basketball Championship South Area First Spherical on Thursday, March 17 at 10:15 a.m. MT in Indianapolis. CSU protection is introduced by McDonalds at 2401 S. Faculty in Fort Collins.
• The sport might be televised on CBS, with Ian Eagle, Jim Spanarkel and Jamie Erdahl on the decision..
• The audio might be on the Colorado State Sports activities Radio Community (together with on-line at CSURams.com), with Brian Roth and Adam Nigon dealing with the published. CSU Sports activities Community broadcasts will be additionally accessed on cell gadgets by the Varsity Community app (free on all Apple and Android gadgets). Followers can use the app for fast entry to free gameday audio streams and obtain push notifications to remind them of video games beginning or upcoming audio broadcasts.
• The audio can even be out there on Westwood One with Brandon Gaudin and Austin Croshere dealing with the duties.
• The sport can even have stay stats on NCAA.com.
10 Levels of CSU Basketball
- Returning two starters and 9 letterwinners from final yr’s 23-5 workforce superior to the Elite Eight of the 2021 NCAA Match, Michigan enters the sport with a 17-14 general report and tied for seventh within the Large Ten Convention with an 11-9 report.
- This might be simply the fourth assembly between the 2 applications, with the Wolverines holding a 2-1 benefit. The final assembly between the 2 faculties was within the 2001-02 season, with the Rams choosing up their solely victory within the sequence, a 70-66 additional time win in Moby Area. TBA
- Colorado State College and Coach Niko Medved have agreed to an amended contract that may preserve Medved in Fort Collins by the 2028- 2029 season, the college introduced.
- CSU has 25 general wins on the season are the third most in program historical past and the 83.3 profitable share is at the moment tops. The Rams completed at 14-4 in convention play, simply the second time at school historical past that CSU had 14 wins in league, matching final yr’s 14-4 mark below Niko Medved.
- Medved now seventh within the CSU report e-book in teaching wins with 77 and is second in profitable share. He’s at 63.1 behind the late Boyd Grant (63.8%, 81-46). TBA
- CSU has been ranked within the Related Press Prime 25 for six weeks this yr. Previous to this yr, there had solely been eight weeks beforehand in program historical past that Colorado State was ranked within the Related Press ballot, together with 4 throughout the 1953-54 season.
- CSU had seven assured opponents that performed in postseason in 2020-21 on this yr’s schedule, combining for 12 video games, with the Rams at 10-2 towards these groups. This yr’s schedule featured six groups within the 2022 NCAA Match (Boise State, Wyoming, Saint Mary’s, San Diego State, Creighton), with CSU going 6=3 towards that group. It additionally had two groups which can be within the NIT (Mississippi State, Utah State), with the Rams posting a 3-0 mark towards that group
- The Rams have performed an ideal job taking good care of possessions and benefiting from them. CSU is sixteenth nationally in fewest turnovers at 10.1 per recreation and twenty fourth on assist-to-turnover ratio at 1.41.
- Junior ahead David Roddy was named a Sports activities Illustrated Third Workforce All-American, an honorable point out choice by the Related Press (the fifth CSU participant ever to be acknowledged as an All-American) and Mountain West Participant of the 12 months (simply third ever named convention participant of the yr). Junior guard Isaiah Stevens joined Roddy with all-conference accolades, incomes second workforce honors from each the coaches and media.
- If the Rams win, they are going to play within the winner of No. 3 seed and SEC Champion Tennessee and No. 14 seed and Large South Champion Longwood on Saturday, March 19. The sport might be televised on the CBS household of networks. The audio might be on the Colorado State Sports activities Radio Community (together with on-line at CSURams.com), with Brian Roth and Adam Nigon dealing with the published.